WILDFIRE EXPLORER ACADEMY #20 IS SCHEDULED!
Academy Dates: March 21, 22, 23, 28, 29, 30 April 4, 5, 6, 11, 12, 13
- Working with Inmates Final
- Fema IS-700a Final (take at the following link, http://emilms.fema.gov/IS700a/index.htm
- Learn the 10 Standard Fire Fighting Orders. There will be a test!
- 3 page Report & Poster on assigned topic.
- Study for the 10's/18's Final.
- Invite your friends, family, post advisors, and your fire chiefs to your Graduation.
- Learn the Wildland Water Use Hand Signals that are in your IRPG, you will be tested.
- Check this website daily for new assignments
- If you can, Get yourself a Compass for Land Navigation training.
- Study for S-130 Unit 11 Quiz, Unit 17 quiz, and S-130 Final
- 10's & 18's Final
- Complete your final invitations
Week 4 of the Academy will be TBA. Graduation will be TBA @ 12:00 noon
- Notify those you invited that the Academy Graduation will be TBA, 2014 @ noon
- Monitor this website for more updates.
March/April on the Wekends, Fri, Sat, Sun
Academy 19 had 55 Explorer Cadets from the following Agencies-
- US Forest Service Fire. Post 99 and Post 101
- Kern County Fire Dept.
- Ventura County Fire Dept.
- Oxnard Fire Dept.
- Los Angeles County Fire Dept.
- Santa Barbara Fire Dept.
- West Covina Fire Dept.
- Orange County Fire Authority
- Fullerton Fire Dept.
- Murrieta Fire Dept.
- Los Angeles Fire Department
- Montebello Fire Department
- Cal Fire
Agencies that have participated in the Academy
U.S. Forest Service- Angeles National Forest
Los Angeles City Fire Dept.- Los Angeles County Fire Dept.- Pasadena Fire Dept.- Oxnard Fire Dept.- Kern County Fire Dept.-
Santa Barbara Fire Dept.- Downey Fire Department- Ventura County Fire Dept.- West Covina Fire Dept.-
Montebello Fire Dept.- Orange County Fire Dept.- Bakersfield City Fire Dept.- Alhambra Fire Dept.- Hume Lake Fire Dept.
more to come...