WILDFIRE EXPLORER ACADEMY #23
Academy Dates: FEB 10, 11,12 / FEB 17,19,20 / FEB 24,25,26 / MARCH 3,4,5
- Working with Inmates Final
- Fema IS-700a Final, take at the following link: http://emilms.fema.gov/IS700aNEW/index.htm
- the 10 Standard Fire Fighting Orders. There will be a test!
- 3 page Report & Poster on assigned topic.
- Study for the 10's/18's Final.
- Invite your friends, family, post advisors, and your fire chiefs to your Graduation.
- Learn the Wildland Water Use Hand Signals that are in your IRPG, you will be tested.
- Check this website daily for new assignments
- If you can, Get yourself a Compass for Land Navigation training.
- Study for S-130 Unit 11 Quiz, Unit 17 quiz, and S-130 Final
- 10's & 18's Final
- Complete your final invitations
Week 4 of the Academy will be TBA. Graduation will be TBA @ 12:00 noon
- Notify those you invited that the Academy Graduation will be MARCH 12, 2017 @ noon
- Monitor this website for more updates.
Month ( Mid FEBRUARY & Mid MARCH) on the Wekends, Fri, Sat, Sun
Academy 22 had 49 Explorer Cadets from the following Agencies-
- US Forest Service Fire. Post 99 and Post 101
- Kern County Fire Dept.
- Ventura County Fire Dept.
- Los Angeles County Fire Dept.
- Chula Vista Fire Department
- Los Angeles Fire Department
- Oxnard Fire Department
- Pasadena Fire Department
Agencies that have participated in the Academy
U.S. Forest Service- Angeles National Forest
Los Angeles Fire Dept.- Los Angeles County Fire Dept.- Pasadena Fire Dept.- Oxnard Fire Dept.- Kern County Fire Dept.-
Santa Barbara Fire Dept.- Downey Fire Department- Ventura County Fire Dept.- West Covina Fire Dept.-
Montebello Fire Dept.- Orange County Fire Authority.- Bakersfield City Fire Dept.- Alhambra Fire Dept.- Hume Lake Fire Dept.
Riverside County F.D./Cal Fire.- Murrieta Fire Dept.
more to come...